What we say has an effect on people!
In Proverbs 18:21 it says that death and life are in the power of the tongue!
– What does death mean?
– Death means words that are destructive – negative.
– How many of you have felt these kind of words before?
– Your not good enough, your never going to make it, you’re a fool, your overweight, your never amount to anything.
– Just some examples of negative words that some of us may have heard before.
What does life mean?
– Life means words that are encouraging – positive.
– How many of you have felt these kind of words.
– Your great, I believe in you, I’m proud of you, your doing a great job, I appreciate you, you mean the world to me.
Now we saw the impact that Jezebels negative words had on ELIJAH
– It pulled the rug from underneath him
– It knocked him down.
– He legged it.
– He wanted to die
You see words have an effect on us.
- Death and life are in the power of the tongue.
- What we say to people has an effect on them.