I’ve got the keys
I’m preaching through Revelation at the request of our youth at church.
In Revelation 1:9-20. Jesus tells us, don’t be afraid, its alright. We may be facing tough times but he stands with us through it all.
Its interesting, the bible doesn’t say it’s all going to be plain sailing. In fact it tells us that we will face difficult times, but to hang in there. And it reminds us again and again the fact that God is with us through it all.
I came across Jesus’ CV this week in verses 17-18:
- I am the first and the last, the living one.
- I died and am alive forever more.
That’s pretty impressive.
I want to illustrate the last part of verse 18. ‘And I have the keys of death and Hades’
- Close your eyes.
- Imagine you’re in a dark dungeon called death and Hades.
- No one seems to know the way out.
- Your trapped and scared
- Then from amongst you Jesus says ‘I’ve got the keys, I have them right here!
An amazing picture of Jesus. One that I wont forget in a hurry. One that brings me great comfort.
Are you facing a tough time? Remember if you have made a decision to follow Christ, then Jesus is with you.
Do you feel trapped? Then remember Jesus has the keys.