Everything rises and falls on leadership
I am reading a book called Exponential by the Ferguson brothers. I was challenged by a piece in the book, 12 indicators that leadership is lacking. You know we all have influence in some way, whether it be over our brothers and sisters, our friends and family or our work colleagues we all have degrees of leadership responsibility.
So lets make a positive diference in those around us.
Below are the 12 indicators see if any challenged you as they did me:
1. I wait for someone to tell me what to do rather than take the initiative myself.
2. I spend to much time talking about how things should be different.
3. I blame the context, surroundings or other people for my current situation.
4. I am more concerned about being cool and accepted than doing the right thing.
5. I seek total agreement rather than casting vision for a preferable future.
6. I am not taking any significant risk.
7. I accept the status quo as the way it has always been and always will be.
8. I start protecting my reputation instead of opening myself up to opposition.
9. I procrastinate to avoid making a tough call.
10. I talk to others about the problem rather than taking it to the person responsible.
11. I don’t feel my butt is on the line for anything significant.
12. I ask for way to many opinions before taking action.
So there you go some challenges for us. Perhaps one or more has challenged you, if that’s the case then just have a chat with God asking that he help you deal with it. The biggest step is recognizing it. God can deal with it when he has an open door in our heart and mind.