DAY ONE: Developing a rule of life
I mentioned when I preached last Sunday that I felt that the LORD was leading me and I believe our church family into a Sabbath with a difference this August.
- I believe He is inviting us to establish a rhythm of prayer in our lives. In other words – Getting into the habit of talking to HIM.
- Already Doing that? – He is inviting you to increase it.
I believe He is inviting us to take time to listen to HIM. To learn how to hear His still small voice
- I believe He is inviting us to read His love letter: THE BIBLE
Already doing it, its time to increase it.
It’s important to read
FROM THE POSITION OF WANTING TO KNOW HIM MORE.
NOT KNOW MORE. OR TO TICK A BOX OR GO THROUGH THE MOTIONS.
- I believe He is inviting us to establish times of personal worship.
This can take many forms.
But its time to discover what fits your way of life.
- I believe He is inviting us to begin sharing JESUS wherever you go.
In the way that HE wants you too.
Stop comparing with others and find a way with HIM
When you look back through church history. You see that people that developed these things.
Often called it a ‘Rule of Life’- nowadays we call them spiritual disciplines.
Whatever you call it.
God is calling us to draw near to HIM as a church family over August.
I will blog daily over these next 31 Days.
Here are a few book recommendations for you: